Sri Ram Teachers Training College | Recognized by NCTE | Affiliated with Ranchi University & Jharkhand Academic Council
Bachelor of Education
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme aims at developing the understanding and competencies required by practicing teachers for effective teaching-learning process at the secondary stage. This programme prepares prospective teachers to understand the psychological and sociological aspects of the child’s development and also understand his behavior under different conditions. The course work combined with rigorous practice of teaching prepares teacher trainees to master the art of teaching and the ability to deal with students based on their individual differences in various classroom situations.
At least 50% marks either in the Bachelor Degree and or in the Master Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanities, Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification.
- To enable students to understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the disciplines of Education in general and teacher education in particular. To provide opportunities to teacher trainees that enable learning experiences to make subject matter meaningful at secondary level.
- To make the student teachers understand how children learn and develop, how they differ in their approaches to learning and create learning opportunities that benefit diverse learners and learning contexts.
- To develop the skills of student teachers to plan learning experiences in and outside the classroom that are based on learners’ existing proficiency, interests, experiences and knowledge, and enable them to understand how students come to view, develop, learn and make sense of subject matter contained in the curriculum.
- To develop the capacity among student teachers to use knowledge of effective verbal, non-verbal and media communication techniques to foster active enquiry, collaboration and supportive interaction in the classroom.
- To enable the student teachers to understand and use formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual social, emotional and physical development of the learners.
- To provide student teachers self-identity as a ‘teacher’ through school based learning experiences and reflective practices that continually evaluate the effects of their choices and actions.
- To change the behavior, attitude and values of teacher trainees so that they shape into responsible and accountable agents of change in the society, in the perspective of local, national and global concerns and issues vital for human survival, progress and development.
- To provide a rich programme of curricular and extra-curricular activities for student teachers for all round development of their personalities as also those of the students whom they teach.
The Syllabus and Courses of study in the B.Ed. programme are as prescribed by the Ranchi University from time to time and also governed by its regulations/statutes. The B.Ed. General Course consists of two parts:
Theory – 100 Marks
Practical – 20 Marks
The candidates admitted to B.Ed Course by the Ranchi University are required to deposit fee and other charges as prescribed by the University, the details of which can be had from the University/College office at the time of admission. Fees and other charges are revised by the University from time to time. Difference in amount if any will have to be paid as and when demanded by the college authorities.
Every trainee in the college has to wear uniform compulsorily on specified days, functions and during the days when Teaching Practice is on.
The uniform prescribed is as follows :
GIRLS : Blue Saree with border, Navy Blue Sweater, Navy Blue Blazer
BOYS : White Shirt, Blue Trousers, Tie, Navy Blue Sweater, Navy Blue Blazer and Black Shoes.
B.Ed Programme shall be of a duration of two academic years which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission.