Sri Ram Teachers Training College | Recognized by NCTE | Affiliated with Ranchi University & Jharkhand Academic Council
Diploma in Elementary Education
The Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) is a two years professional programme of teacher education. It aims to prepare teacher for the elementary stage of education, i.e. Class I to VIII. The aim of elementary education is two fulfill the basic learning need all of children in inclusive school environment bridging social and gender gap with the active participation of the community.
At least 50% (For General Category Students) & 45 % (For ST/SC/OBC Students) marks in the Higher Secondary (+2) or its equivalent is eligible for admission.
- School Experience program seek to facilitate the student teachers to.
- Understand the difference between the content of a subject and its pedagogy.
- Learn the skill to transact the subject matter in accordance with the needs and interest of the children.
- Develop required skills to teach in an inclusive classroom.
- Use different activity based. Joyful and age specific learning in the classroom.
- Develop subject specific teaching learning material (TLM) for elementary school children.
- Incorporate the component of CCE in classroom transaction.
- Learn about school activity, schemes, programmes and their impacts on school children.
- Utilize the community resources for meaningful partnership between School and community.
The Syllabus and Courses of study in the B.Ed. programme are as prescribed by the Jharkhand Academic Council from time to time and also governed by its regulations/statutes. The D.El.Ed. General Course consists of two parts:
Theory – 100 Marks
Practical – 20 Marks
The candidates admitted to D.El.Ed Course by the Jharkhand Academic Council are required to deposit fee and other charges as prescribed by the council, the details of which can be had from the College office at the time of admission. Fees and other charges are revised by the council from time to time. Difference in amount if any will have to be paid as and when demanded by the college authorities.
Every trainee in the college has to wear uniform compulsorily on specified days, functions and during the days when Teaching Practice is on.
The uniform prescribed is as follows :
GIRLS : Blue Saree with border, Navy Blue Sweater, Navy Blue Blazer
BOYS : White Shirt, Blue Trousers, Tie, Navy Blue Sweater, Navy Blue Blazer and Black Shoes.
D.El.Ed Programme shall be of a duration of two academic years which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission.